Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Gamifying planking

There is research that some video games can relieve pain. And boredom saps endurance. So the Stealth board product which lets you play games on your smartphone while doing core exercise on a specially shaped balance board seems to be a rather fine idea. But it's too expensive for me. So instead I cut a foam overlay with a phone slot and put it on my home-made balance board (with grippy skateboard tape). And the two free games for the Stealth board work great with this (I haven't bought their premium games).


Trivial Instructable here.

Result: I can plank more time on this than I can endure ordinary planking. Admittedly, the fact that the games involve some motion make the exercise less static. But it's still probably good core exercise.

No comments: