Monday, August 17, 2020

The Non-Identity Theodicy (Scott Hill) SCP session

The Analytic Collective and SCP are having an inaugural online session on August 21 at 4-5:30 pm Eastern Time to discuss Scott Hill's fascinating paper "The Non-Identity Theodicy". I will be commenting on the paper.

Abstract: This paper defends a theodicy based on ideas discussed in the literature on the non-identity problem and the literature on origin essentialism. I then address a series of objections about the ethics of God's acts in my theodicy and about the metaphysics of origins on which my theodicy depends.

Join the Analytic Collective facebook group for a Zoom link.

This is a pre-read session. The paper is here. And my comments are here.

1 comment:

scott said...

Thanks for promoting this Alex. I appreciate it. :)