- (Premise) Necessarily, if some creature is significantly free, then it is possible that some creature does evil.
- (Premise) It is possible that God creates a significantly free creature.
- Therefore, it is possible that a creature does evil.
- (Premise) Necessarily, if a creature exists, God exists.
- Therefore, it is possible that God exists and a creature does evil.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
A simple free will defense
I posted this on prosblogion, but I rather like it so I am posting it here (reworded a little). By "creature" I shall understand an entity created by God. Then: