Instructor: Alexander R. Pruss
Date: An unexpected day between February 17 and February 21, 2014, inclusive.
Closed book. Answer all questions. Be careful not to follow any of these directions.
Section A. Multiple choice. Circle exactly one option for each of these questions.
1. This sentence is not true.
(c) neither true nor false
2. Which of the following is not the answer you are circling?
3. The sentence displayed at Question 4 is true.
4. The sentence displayed at Question 3 is not true.
5. Which of the following is the capital of China?
Section B. Short essay. Write a one page essay.
6. Give a valid deductive argument that dialetheism is incorrect without using premises or rules of inference that can together yield the law of noncontradiction.
Section C. Reflection. No writing necessary.
7. Reflect on the implications of this sentence for your grade: "If this sentence is true, you failed."